Old Versions of yEnc32
Please note that these old versions of yEnc32 are not supported.
If you're looking for the latest version of yEnc32, please click here.
Download Old Versions
yEnc32 v1.0.6 (February 2003)
yEnc32 v1.0.5 (June 2002)
- Updated user interface to a more WinXP-ish style
- Fixed some issues with links in the helpfile
- When decoding files from multiple folders with "save decoded files in
input folder" enabled, the decoded files are now saved in their
- Fixed bug with -1 file size when posting files from multiple folders
- User-defined folder can now be used to store temporary (encoded) files
when posting (as opposed to forcing use of the Windows temp directory)
- Clicking Encode, then cancel now properly returns to the main screen
- Fixed possible "List index out of bounds" when posting
- User-defined file extension is now used when posting single-part files
(rather than forced ".ntx")
- Fixed possible access violation when doing multiple encoding runs
during a single session
- Added feature to retain temporary files after posting
- When decoding multiple files with "erase input files" enabled, yEnc32
will no longer delete files that have errors during decoding
yEnc32 v0.0.4 (Mar 2002)
- Licensing policy changed; yEnc32 is now distributed under the GPL.
- Added leading zeroes to file part numbers when encoding
- On multiple monitor systems, yEnc32 now appears in the center of the screen, rather than the center of the desktop.
- Encode/decode MRU lists can now be cleared.
- Files can now be encoded/decoded to the same folder as the input file
- Added "don't prompt for delete, just do it" option
- Minor cosmetic issues fixed
- Enter key can now be used in Encode and Decode windows
- Fixed bug in which temporary files would be created, but not deleted, when using right-click shell integration. (This was actually fixed in v0.0.4a, which was not "officially" released.)
yEnc32 v0.0.3 (Mar 2002)
- Implemented *PROPER* shell integration (no longer using "Send To" menu).
- Encoding & decoding via shell can now be fully automated by enabling "Use default output folder" and "Automatically close yEnc32" under Preferences for Encoding and Decoding.
- Helpfile is now included with yEnc32.
- Fixed bug in which yEnc32 would lockup occasionally while decoding files.
- Fixed "I/O Error 103" when attempting to decode files that weren't encoded in yEnc format (or were improperly encoded or corrupted).
- Fixed possible lockup under same conditions as "I/O Error 103".
- Default input folders can now be specified (under Preferences) for encoding & decoding files.
- Default file extension (for decoding) is now remembered.
- Uninstaller now removes right-click shell integration.
- Progress bar is now cleared after encoding/decoding.
- Apparently some systems have problems loading the entire newsgroup list into one listbox; it's now split into categories (alt.*, comp.*, etc)
- Hopefully resolved newsgroup list downloading issues for good.
- X-No-Archive header can now be specified when posting.
- When posting, a single description can now be assigned to ALL files (previously, the user had to enter a description for each individual file, which was annoying if posting a multi-volume archive).
- Message bodies can now be included with posted files.
- Fixed bug in which Unix-style line endings would cause the decoder to lock up (I know, I know... we're hanging our heads in shame... :)
- Rewrote a large portion of the newsgroup list downloading routines; hopefully this will fix the problems some users were having.
Draft v1.3 compliance:
- Encoder now includes "total=" parameter in in "ybegin" line.
- Decoder now scans for "=ybegin " rather than "=ybegin".
- Decoder now checks filenames for characters which would be invalid under Win32 operating systems.
yEnc32 v0.0.2 (Feb 2002)
- Fixed "Out of memory" errors when encoding very large files (i.e.,
several hundred megabytes).
- yEnc32 will now correctly decode a single input file containing multiple
- Added MRU list for Encode/Decode output folders.
- Added right-click shell integration (right-click on a file or files,
select "Send to", and choose "yEncode" or "yDecode")
- Added commandline parameters /decode [files...] and /encode [files...]
- Main window now scrolls such that the last item is always visible.
- Fixed a few issues with server authentication.
- Newsgroup list is now sorted after downloading.
- Toolbar buttons are now disabled during encoding/decoding/posting.
- Added "Stop" button to cancel encoding/decoding/posting.
- The yEnc32 interface should now be much more responsive during encoding
- Fixed some problems with newsgroup list downloading (let us know if
you have any further problems).
yEnc32 v0.0.1 (Feb 2002)
- yEnc32 can now post to newsgroups! (Experimental)
- Fixed issues with yEnc32 windows appearing "too small" (buttons cut off, etc.) when Large Fonts are enabled
- Fixed problem with encoding multiple files with the same name but different extensions (i.e., archive.rar, archive.r01, archive.r02)
- "Remove original files after encoding/decoding" now works
- Fixed problem with encoding read-only files
- When reading large files, yEnc32 now reports what it's doing (rather than just locking up until the file's been read)
- Added better encoder/decoder error handling
- Fixed "Y32" logo ugliness on About screen under Win98/Me/2K
- Support website moved to http://www.yenc32.com